Healthwatch Solihull is the consumer champion for health and social care for adults, children and young people. Our role is to enable people to feedback their views and experiences of the health and social care services they receive and for their input to influence how services are planned and delivered in the future.
We have a simple ambition, to make health and social care services better for the people who use them in Solihull. We are here to understand the needs, experience and concerns of people who use services and speak out on their behalf.
Any current vacancies are listed below:
Salary/hours: £10.57 per hour, covering 10 hours per month (Flexible base in locations throughout Solihull).
This is a great opportunity to join a local independent patient champion for health and care services. The position would suit somebody ideally experienced as a PA to Director level or administrator, looking for a part time position, working 10 hours per month. If you are passionate about making a difference, this is the role for you.
Essential requirements: Ability to travel across Solihull and surrounding areas, as well as occasional travel to different locations of business may be required for this role, along with;
- Experience in running meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes – is needed for this role
- Possess excellent organisation, communication and ICT skills
- Is a self-starter, has exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage upwards
- Has the ability to be flexible in approach with the ability to take ownership of new priorities at short notice
- Has excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to take notes and produce accurate minutes
- Always maintains confidentiality
- Has a clean driving licence.
The role will involve being a principal source of communication between the local Healthwatch Advisory Board and its members. Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Preparing the agenda for the Healthwatch Advisory Board meetings (between 4 and 6 per year, usually lasting 2 hours) with the Chair and Manager as appropriate
- Organising, scheduling and attending all Board meetings
- Taking minutes of all Board meetings and ensure the action log is maintained and that decisions are implemented
- Ensuring approved minutes are published on the website
- The management of the filing system so that consistency and easy accessibility is maintained
- Supporting the organisation of the Annual Public Meeting.
Salary/hours: £10.00 per hour, zero hour contract (Flexible base in locations throughout Solihull).
This is a great opportunity to join a not for profit social research and engagement company, that can offer excellent career progression and development prospects. We are seeking people with an interest in social research, who enjoy listening and talking to people and capturing information.
Due to the flexible nature of this position applications are welcomed from current undergraduates.
Our client specialises in social research and community engagement.
- Experience of gathering data
- An understanding or experience of research and the processes involved
- Flexibility to work at short notice and different locations
- Able to travel throughout the relevant area using public/ own transport
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of working with children
- Full UK driving license and access to a car
The role will involve working alongside the research team and staff at our Healthwatch branches across the region, to gather primary data from service users. Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Face to face engagement through methods such as interviews, focus groups and questionnaires.
- Engaging with potentially vulnerable people, including young adults, children and prisoners.
For an informal chat regarding any of out opportunities, contact our Manager, Natalie Travers on 0800 470 1518