Information & Signposting
In addition to ensuring that the voices of service users, patients and the public are heard by decision makers within health and social care services in Solihull, we also provide an information and signposting service to the public about accessing health and social care services.
Finding the right service can be worrying and stressful. Healthwatch Solihull plays an important role in helping people to get the information they need to take control of their health and care and find services that will provide them with the right support.
- Directs people to local, tailored support.
- Gives you information about what to do when things go wrong and you would like to make a complaint.
- Helps residents find local services.
- Can help people to find accurate information.
- Gives information about choices you have with regard to where you might get help in relation to your health, social care and wellbeing needs.
You can call our friendly team for free on 0808 196 3912, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an enquiry form below.
Our lines are open 9am – 4:00pm weekdays.
You can also find some information on our FAQ’s page.
What our service is…
- We offer a free, friendly and confidential service that is independent from the NHS and social care services.
- We will perform a signposting role only. This means that we will give you the contact details for a range of services that best supports your request. You will then need to contact those organisations yourself.
- We can give you information about choices you have with regard to where you might get help in relation to your health, social care and wellbeing needs.
- We can put you in touch with sources of information on NHS and social care services in Solihull.
- We can give you information about what to do when things go wrong and you don’t understand how to make a complaint.
What our service is not…
- Our service is not supported by trained clinicians or health and care professionals. It means that we cannot offer advice on clinical matters. This might include advice and information about medication, queries about a diagnosis made by a doctor or recommendations about a choice over a particular treatment pathway.
- We are not a part of the NHS or Solihull Council. Whilst we will use your feedback to improve services, we have no powers to investigate individual formal complaints about them.
- We are not able to offer financial, legal or similar specialist advice. This form of advice should always be sought from a trained specialist such as a solicitor, counsellor or financial advisor.
Please provide details of your inquiry below