For information and advice please call us by freephone on 0800 470 1518

Please see our list of organisations available in Solihull below. If you are unsure of which service can help you or if you feel unable to self refer please call our team and we will be happy help.

We work continuously to add new services and keep details up to date.


Age UK Solihull offers specialist services for older people including information and advice casework, benefits, housing, local facilities, befriending and clubs.  

How to refer? 0121 704 7840 or email

Can I self refer?  Yes


Autism West Midlands currently operates 8 successful residential and supported living services for people with Autism over the age of 18 years across the West Midlands. We also provide care and support for people with varying degrees of Autism including those with complex needs in their own homes through our Community based supported living service.

How to refer?

Can I self refer?  Yes


Betel residences are drug-, alcohol- and tobacco- free.  All of our residents enter and exit voluntarily.  They can self-refer themselves or be referred by other agencies.   Everyone is required to do a telephone interview before being offered a place so that we can tell them a little more information about the way that we run and gather some information about them.  Sometimes, following the phone interview we may also need to make contact with additional agencies before we can book them a place, for example with their GP or probation officer.   This rarely takes long though and we tend to receive people quickly, usually within one to five days of making their first contact.

How to refer?  01564 822356

Can I self refer?  Yes


Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Trust Patient Liason – complaints ect

How to refer?  0121 301 1111

Can I self refer?  Yes


Contact offers information to families of disabled and special needs children aged 0-19 and can signpost to services which might be able to help.  We have parent advisers for education and a hospitals worker.    We also run free workshops for parents of special needs children. Our national Freephone helpline can offer information and advice to parents or special needs children on a whole range of issues, including providing a full benefits check and the helpline also has specialist advisers for education issues.

How to refer?  0121 415 4624

Can I self refer?  Yes


Heart of England Foundation Trust Patient Liason – complaints ect

How to refer?  0121 424 0808 or

Can I self refer?  Yes


Our independent advocates help people to gain access to information and explore and understand their options. They speak on behalf of those who are unable to speak for themselves, or choose not to do so.

How to refer?  Contact Healthwatch Solihull for a referral form

Can I self refer?  Yes


Based in Solihull the charity provides fun and exciting educational events and activities for over 2000 children every year. We are also increasingly starting to work with individual schools, developing projects tailored to their needs. We also work with schools to help fund specialist equipment, such as sensory equipment, wheelchairs, therapy cycles etc, which help to increase children’s independence and quality of life.

How to refer?  0121 713 2270 or or

Can I self refer?  Yes


The only UK wide charity dedicated to ending the pain and suffering caused by osteoporosis.

How to refer?  FREE PHONE 0808 800 0035 or EMAIL

Can I self refer?  Yes


The Royal British Legion provides lifelong support for the Armed Forces community – serving men and women, veterans, and their families

How to refer?  Contact Healthwatch Solihull for a referral form

Can I self refer?  Yes


Solihull Integrated Addiction Service (SIAS) is a partnership between four organisations jointly responsible for the delivery of the drug, alcohol and gambling services, in the Borough of Solihull. SIAS also delivers support to families and friends affected.

How to refer?  Contact Healthwatch Solihull for a referral form

Can I self refer?  Yes


Signpost Inclusion works with children and families of those with special needs, including both physical and hidden disabilities. Our main cohort being on the autistic spectrum.

How to refer? or 07534 352 754

Can I self refer?  Yes


The Adult Carers Team at Solihull Carers Centre provides help, advice and guidance to unpaid carers aged over 25 years. We offer a confidential space where you can talk through your situation as a carer; either over the phone, by dropping in to us or if required, we can offer home visits. We also supply advice, information and support around your caring needs.

How to refer? or 0121 788 1143

Can I self refer?  Yes


“We work with over 300 people each year advocating for people with learning disabilities and older people.

We help people develop self-advocacy skills and support peer advocates in campaigning for change.

We enable people to have more control over their lives making any changes they wish to.

How to refer?  Contact Healthwatch Solihull for a referral form

Can I self refer?  Yes


SASSI is an Autism Support Group for parents/guardians of children or young people with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). All are welcome whether there has been a diagnosis or there is one pending. Monthly meetings are held in the evening at different primary schools in Solihull. They provide talks on topics connected with ASD and offers the opportunity for parents to meet socially.

How to refer?  0121 779 1742

Can I self refer?  Yes


The Community Advice Hubs are a partnership of voluntary and community organisations and the first point of contact for information, advice and support for Solihull residents and carers of Solihull residents.  

General information and advice is available from the 2 Hubs in The Core, Solihull and Chelmsley Wood Library, with out appointment.  More specialist information and advice including debt, benefits, housing, employment and legal advice will require an appointment.

How to refer? 0121 709 7590 or email

Can I self refer?  Yes


“Provide information about all aspects of living with Down’s syndrome including specialist advisers on benefits, education, health and social care; advise new parents or anyone with questions; promote and facilitate information exchange between members through various groups; advise on employment for people with Down’s syndrome. Fundraising – responsible for raising money for the association through events, sponsorship and trusts. Communications – give key messages to the media, public and professionals; influence policy making; responsible for external publications. Training – provide training throughout the UK for members, professionals and carers. Membership – responsible for all administration surrounding new members, existing members and affiliated groups

How to refer?

Can I self refer?  Yes


We are an active group of former heart patients who aim to improve the quality of life for ourselves and fellow heart patients and their families by sharing our experiences, improving awareness and understanding of the various heart conditions. We believe that given due respect to their heart problems most patients can lead a near normal active life. The group is primarily intended for people living in the Solihull and neighbouring areas of the West Midlands, UK.

How to refer? or Mike/Trisha on 0121 430 3502

Can I self refer?  Yes


We provide a wide range of services providing advice, information and support to people with mental health problems.

How to refer? or 0121 742 4941

Can I self refer?  Yes


We are affiliated to the Stroke Association. We believe in life after stroke. That’s why we support stroke survivors to make the best recovery they can.

How to refer?  01676 534944

Can I self refer?  Yes


We are an independent charity which has been providing local support to carers for over 13 years.  We offer emotional support, carer’s assessments, practical information and advice, social activities and events, a strong voice for carers, support groups, and drop-in and home visit support through our outreach services to carers aged 5 to 105, living anywhere in the borough of Solihull.

How to refer? Contact Healthwatch Solihull for a referral form Can I self refer? Yes


SSAFA works to ensure that the needs of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families are met in an appropriate and timely way.

How to refer?  0121 448 0447 or

Can I self refer?  Yes


St Basils works with young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping over 5000 young people per year across the West Midlands region with specific services in Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, the Wyre Forest and Coventry. Every year over 1200 young people are housed in our 29 supported accommodation schemes, which for some young people includes their young children as well. We have a range of prevention, accommodation and support services to help young people regain the stability they need to rebuild their lives, gain skills, training and employment and move on. The aim is to help them successfully break the ‘cycle of homelessness’ so that they can go on to experience a bright, fulfilling future and never return to a state where they are at risk of homelessness again.

How to refer?  Online referral Form ‘’

Can I self refer?  Yes


“We also run a befriender service (18+)where we put people in touch via phone and/or email on a 1-2-1 basis for peer support.  We try to match people who have similar situations, so for example, another mother of a child with TS.  Our Befriender service is very popular, and really does help to break down isolation and provide people with understanding and support.

Many families and adults have told us that they would like to be able to email or telephone another family member (mother, father, grandmother)  or adult to talk candidly about their experiences with someone who understands, who has been through similar experiences.

How to refer?  Contact Healthwatch Solihull for a referral form

Can I self refer?  Yes